One day, while working as an artists model he noticed that he was able to isolate his abdominals in a certain way while he held a specific pose for periods of time. As time passed, he began to experiment with isolating other muscle groups and the unique art of “Muscle Control” was born.
The audiences of the time had never seen anything like it. It was not only quite a sight but Maxick himself used primarily Muscle Control to build an incredible physique. Though he rarely lifted weights, Maxick was incredibly strong, at a body weight of around 150 pounds, he could perform the following:
- Two hands military press with barbell: 230 lbs.
- Right hand military press: 112 lbs.
- Right hand snatch with barbell: 165 lbs.
- Right hand swing with dumbbell: 150 lbs.
- Two hands clean and jerk with barbell: 272 lbs.
Due to the unique benefits and training effects of practicing muscle control, many physique stars and physical culturists practiced it including: Otto Arco, Alan P. Mead, John Grimek and Ed Jubinville.